The group work is the heart of ISWI and to keep this heart beating each group needs two to three Groupleaders. They are facilitators, navigators and the first contact person for the people in the working group.
Who are Groupleaders?
- They plan the schedules for example timing for what will be discussed,preparing the group-work, plan practical
activities for some groups.
- They are open to ideas from participants and plan activities like get-to know games and such like during the group-work.
- They are moderator, facilitator and mediator of the group.
- They conduct the final group presentations and make sure that content and outcomes of discussions are summarised for documentation and presentation.
- They are communicators between organisers and participants and represent ISWI and its values.
- Most importantly, they are a friend and helper for the participants and support them.
What are the requirements for being a Groupleader?
- The Groupleaders should not be a participant in ISWI 2023 and they are expected to be students from Ilmenau and thus be present during the conference in Ilmenau. Also, one important aspect of their job is to help participants with navigating through Ilmenau.
- As ISWI is an International environment, Groupleaders should be open minded with different cultures and ideas.
- They also should be organised as they will plan the schedule and be timely flexible with the schedule because participants could have spontaneous ideas.
- They are need to have time during the week to share tasks with other Groupleader and work together but do not need to have time the whole week.
- They should be willing to be creative, while planning group activities.
- They should be comfortable speaking English as the conference language is English.
- They do not need to be an expert in the field of their group. They are just motivated and interested in the group and remember that they have a neutral position and only interfere when needed.
What are the benefits of being a Groupleader?
You’ll be part of Germany’s biggest international Student Conference, which guarantees a week full of fun and memorable moments. After the week you’ll have lots of international friends and lots of intercultural encounters. Additionally you’ll get a certificate proving your intercultural engagement and you can get Studium Generale or Praxiswerkstatt Credits for your work as a Groupleader.